Maximum five awards will be given in a year. These awards will be in two categories:
(a) Fundamental Research, (b) Applied Research
- Students can apply for this awards through the link below. Student can only apply after getting all the reports of thesis examiners. The last date of application will be the last date of conducting viva-voce examination before annual convocation, as decided by the Academic Office.
- Screening of applications: Three different committees will be constituted to screen the applications. Screening will be done on the basis of quality and number of papers published in top ranking journals, patents filed / granted, research grant received in the candidate’s group on the basis of his/her doctoral research, international travel support received for attending conference outside India etc. The three committees will be for the following group of departments / centres:
(a) All engineering departments, CoEDMM, CTRANS
(b) All Science departments, IIC, Centre for Nano Technology
(c) DoMS, HSS, A & P
- Interview: Shortlisted students will be required to make a presentation to a common committee will be formed from the three committees made for screening of applications. The committee will also assess the overall suitability of the student for the award on the basis of novelty of the work, contribution of the student, potential of industry application of the work,
scope of entrepreneurship etc. Shortlisted candidates who will not be available in the campus can make their presentation using video conferencing.
- Approval: Recommendations of interview committee will be presented in the Senate for final approval.
- Award: The Award will carry a citation and cash prize of Rs50,000.
Students getting Ph.D. degree in the annual convocation 2021 will be eligible to apply for this